06 September 2008

Pengkalan Hulu ( Kroh)

A little northernmost town
Sandwiched between hills
And virgin forest
A town I once took to roam
Pengkalan Hulu
Still dear to my heart

Forever it shall remain
Enshrined within me
Together in eternity
We shall live in harmony.

Once it was a mysterious haunt
Of terrorists
masked and armed
Killers from killer regime
The armed CPM.
The enemies moved in her pockets
Of green foliages
That sustained them to rid of the law
And to claim this land of Malaysia unto their hands
Bloody hands.

My beloved Pengkalan Hulu
Was famed for *CPM
Yet now she is still famous
But for her warm beauty
That spans the scope of our vision.

Her gentle gesture
Hidden amidst the trees
And the soothing touch
Mingles with the breeze
She smiles beautifully
An enemy’s heart shall mellow immediately.

Though by years
I am staying far
The pang of separation
Pains my heart every minute
My mind caresses the old memories.

The trails that divide the forest
I tracked passionately
Rubbing the jutting leaves
And branches of the old trees
My trails were carpeted well
By beautiful brown leaves
Of various shapes and sizes
That to this day I owe her
My gratitude for feasting my sight
With enchanting beauty
Unparalleled by any.

Pengkalan Hulu, my sweetheart
I miss you a lot
I wish I can bring me to succumb in you
So in you I shall expand for another birth
On this same land of yours.
Physically I am at a distant away
Yet in my mind it’s your faceI see unwaveringly.

©cyclopseven. All rights reserved 260308.

*The disbanded Communist Party of Malaya. cyclopseven Ram

p/s. Sajak ini adalah luahan hati seorang rakan lama semasa berada di Tingkatan 5 di SMTS.Namanya ada aku abadikan dalam tajuk Pengawas SMTS.Dulu aku rasa dia ni lain sikit walaupun bukan Melayu.Dia ada kecenderungan menulis sajak sajak dan meminati genre sastera itu.Cikgu Amin Tolan cikgu sastera kami ketika itu berjaya nampaknya menghasilkan insan berjiwa seni sepertinya.

Dia seorang berjiwa lembut dan berbeza dengan rakan bukan Melayu yang lain.Akhirnya aku ketemu juga rakan lama yang hingga kini hatinya masih berada di satu kedaerahan yang sunyi walau jasad sudah terpisah jauh dari daerah itu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aku sangat berterima kasih kerana anda sudi memberi komen dalam blog aku ini namun aku perlu memberi izin dahulu sebelum ianya kupaparkan.

Kembali menulis.

 Kembali menulis. Dalam usia yang telah mencecah 58 tahun, banyak nostalgia tidak lagi diingati dengan jelas dan tepat. Minat menulis masih ...